About The Zimin Institute for Engineering Solutions Advancing Better Lives
- The Zimin Institute at TAU was founded by TAU Honorary Doctor Dmitry B. Zimin, whose rich academic, business and philanthropic career spans over 60 years. He is the former CEO and current Honorary President of mobile telecommunications company VimpelCom (now VEON), which became the first Russian Federation company to be listed on the New York Stock Exchange. VEON is among the top-10 largest mobile telecommunication companies in the world.
- The Zimin Institute at TAU is a member of Zimin Institutes, the unequivocally important program under Zimin Foundation. In this program, Zimin Foundation supports research at top universities that bring real-world positive effect and is expected to become an applied technology or project in medium-term.
- The Zimin Institute for Engineering Solutions Advancing Better Lives is interested to harness the research carried out by TAU researchers towards generating solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges in such areas as healthcare, brain studies, medicine.
- The Zimin Institute supports research’s projects within the yearly Scope of Research. Its vision is to provide the most impressive research activities in the University the necessary bridge to the practical domain and ensure the contribution of the best scientific project to the improvement of our world.
- A dedicated Scientific Board and International Advisory Board select supported projects out of the applicant pool annually. Criteria for funding include applicability of the research and the extent of multidisciplinary collaboration among group members.
- The Zimin Institute holds a biannual international conference bringing together academics, professionals, and government and industry representatives from Israel and worldwide to share insights. The first Conference took place in 2019.